Friday, April 17, 2009

OSU Field Trip


We took a group of 8th grade students to Stillwater today to tour the OSU campus. It was a lot of fun to be on a college campus again. I was immediately struck by the diversity in the students we observed as we criss-crossed from building to building. That got me to thinking about when I was in college at ORU. One of the best things about college was meeting people from all over the country and even the world. Growing up in Oklahoma and graduating from Catoosa High School, I hadn't encountered a lot of diversity. College opened my eyes to all kinds of people. It was a time of expanding horizons and new experiences. That's why I love teaching. Every day, if we are doing our jobs as teachers, we are expanding horizons and providing new experiences to our students. Yet, I have to admit, the best part of the day was eating at Eskimo Joe's. Man! The food was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment