Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A good thing



A good thing happened today. This afternoon, on my way to Sonic Happy Hour to get a Route 44 Diet Coke (easy ice), my cousin, Tracy, called me. She wanted to know what I was doing that evening. After quickly pulling out my iPhone and checking my calendar (it was empty), I said, "Nothing. Why?" She wanted to know if Lori and I wanted to go to the Bruce Springsteen concert at 7:30 p.m. because she had a couple extra tickets that would be free to us. I, of course, hastily called Lori and said, "Arrange the kids. We're going out!" We met Tracy and her daughter, Chelsy, at the BOK in downtown Tulsa and had a great time listening to some great music. Like I said, a good thing happened today. It wasn't the fact that my wife and I got free tickets to see a great musician. It was the kindness expressed to us through my cousin, who in so many ways, little and large, lets us know that she loves us! I love you, too, Tracy! Thanks for the great time. Again! (A few weeks back she gave me tickets to the Celine Dion concert!).

2 comments:

  1. That's so awesome!!! gotta love some free tickets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love you! You are my brother cousin! haha!

    ReplyDelete